Dental Implants (Teeth Implants)
As a well respected dentist, d-spa have provided effective dental implants in Melbourne to numerous patients, with resounding success. In fact, many of our patients have commented on how natural their new tooth implant looks and how it has complimented their smile with a dazzling effect.
Our highly skilled team of dental clinicians will work closely with you to develop a personalised treatment plan to help you on your way to a beautiful, flawless smile. Please feel free to contact our friendly team at one of three Melbourne locations (2 Collins Street, CBD; 538 Collins Street, CBD and Toorak Road, South Yarra) to dicuss any queries or dental implant costs.
General Information about Dental Implants
Dental Implants have been used for over 40 years and are one of the most successful treatment options in dentistry today. They are made of medical grade titanium and no biological reaction has ever been reported.
Dental Implants allow the replacement of missing teeth with a substitute tooth that looks, acts and feels like a natural tooth. When you are missing a natural tooth, the teeth on either side of the gap may shift and tip over into the space. This makes it harder to clean these teeth and decay or gum disease may result.
An implant can fill the gap and maintain the rest of your natural teeth in the ideal position and prevent them becoming crooked. An implant can also replace a denture that you have worn for years.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Look natural and healthy and integrate harmoniously with your smile
- Are long lasting
- Like natural teeth, teeth implants can be cleaned by dental floss and brushing with regular toothpaste. They usually do not require separate care routines or special cleaning products, as is the case with dentures
- Help to withstand greater bite pressures than dentures
- Can be more comfortable than dentures
- Unlike bridges, do not require the reshaping of neighbouring healthy teeth
- Prevent bone loss in the jaw (this may reduce the risk of adjacent natural teeth becoming loose)
- Prevent the formation of hollowed or collapsed cheeks, which can occur after tooth extractions (missing teeth cause bone loss in the jaw)
- Are usually surrounded by gum tissue like natural teeth
- May prevent gum recession
- Long term, they are less expensive (in time and money) than other conventional dental treatments.
- Age: Children younger than 17 years are usually not considered suitable because their bones are still growing.
- Bone loss: A patient who lacks sufficient jawbone may not be suitable for teeth implants. In many patients, bone replacement techniques can be used to rebuild enough bone for an implant site.
- Smoking: Smoking impairs healing and may cause implant failure by preventing integration with the bone. Over time, smoking may cause a breakdown in the integration between the implant and the bone.
- Pregnancy: Due to the radiographs required, it is best to wait until after pregnancy
- Certain medical conditions: Illness such as uncontrolled diabetes increases the risk of complications, including infection and delayed healing around the implants.
- Alcohol or drug abuse: The patient may have dietary problems, be unable to follow the dentist’s instructions, or fail to maintain proper oral hygiene.
Factors that contribute to implant failure include:
- Lack of bone density and strength
- The patient’s general health including the ability to heal after surgery
- Patients commitment to oral hygiene
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
D-Spa Accident Dental Cover
The d-spa team is delighted to annouce the introduction of Dentisure, our complimentary accident dental cover. It's completely FREE for d-spa patients and our reception team can even sign you up on the spot or over the phone - it's that simple!
The D-Spa Group is delighted in working with our health and well-being partner: Metamorphose Healing Centre. Now you can complement your dental health with an appointment to ensure that your body's well-being and chiropractic needs are also being taken care of.