Even babies require dental care
Baby dental health is extremely important, especially for mothers with babies. What most people don't know is that tooth decay is an infection. This mean that it can be easily passed from mother to child through seeminly innocent activites such as sharing food, spoons and pacifiers. Simply sharing a spoon with your baby could pass on the nasty bacteria that could kick start tootch decay in your baby's mouth. Even germs and sugary food left in a baby's mouth can eat holes and cavities in their teeth. That's why it is of imperative importance that you take care of your baby's mouth from the start.
What can you do?
There are many ways mothers can take to protect their babies from tooth decay. Below are some simple steps you can add to your daily routine that will ensure your baby is kept safe and protected from any dental problems:
- Clean your baby's gums and any teeth after feeding and at bedtime.
- Use a clean, damp washcloth or child's soft toothbrush to gently clean your baby's mouth. This will wipe away food and even germs. This is an important measure to take on a daily basis, even if you can't see the teeth yet.
- Avoid passing germs to your baby's mouth. This means avoiding placing any food, forks, spoons, straws, toothbrushes or pacifiers in your mouth before giving it to your baby.
- Ask grandparents or daycare providers not to take care in avoiding the direct spread of germs
- Visit your d-spa dentist and/or dental hygienist to get your teeth cleaned regularly and have any tooth decay treated. This will cut down on the germs in your mouth, leaving fewer germs to pass on to your baby.
We are always happy to help you out or discuss any other prevention plans to ensure your baby's optimal oral health. Please contact our team at one of our three Melbourne dental practices (2 Collins Street, CBD; 538 Collins Street, CBD; Toorak Road, South Yarra) for more information.
D-Spa Accident Dental Cover
The d-spa team is delighted to annouce the introduction of Dentisure, our complimentary accident dental cover. It's completely FREE for d-spa patients and our reception team can even sign you up on the spot or over the phone - it's that simple!
The D-Spa Group is delighted in working with our health and well-being partner: Metamorphose Healing Centre. Now you can complement your dental health with an appointment to ensure that your body's well-being and chiropractic needs are also being taken care of.